God Visits Moses
In Exodus 33:
The things God did for Moses and His people:
- He sent an Angel before them as they went to Canaan, so that He would not consume them on the way (Ex. 33:2-3).
- He drove out six people groups from them so they could make it to Canaan (Ex. 33:3).
- He gave them a land flowing with milk and honey (Ex. 33:3).
- Since they were stubborn, God said He could consume them in a moment; yet, He did not (Ex. 33:5).
- The Lord talked with Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend (v. 9,11).
- A pillar of cloud stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the people worshipped (Ex. 33:9).
- God knew Moses by name (v. 12,17).
- God gave Moses grace (v. 12,17).
- He sent His presence with them (v. 14).
- He gave them rest (v. 14).
- God made all His goodness pass before Moses (Ex. 33:19-34:10).
- God proclaimed the name of the Lord before Moses.
- God showed Moses His glory.
- God hid Him in the cleft of the rock and covered him with His hand.
- God wrote the commandments on two tablets of stone, to replace the tablets which Moses broke (ex 34)
“Now the Lord descended in the cloud and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the Lord. 6 And the Lord passed before him and proclaimed, ‘The Lord, the Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth, 7 keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children and the children’s children to the third and the fourth generation'” (Exodus 34:5-7).
God made a covenant with the Israelites (Ex. 34:10).
God did awesome marvels for them, such as had not been done in all the earth or in any nation (Ex. 34:10).